a few shit who'll help the days to be more sunny :
- Jamie aka pmpknface is doing a pretty good job talking about various comics stuff, mostly maintream one on his pmpknface website.
check this neato pic he took while at the Wizard World East 2003 Con. 8)
- took these fingers out of your nose and write some nice stuff to your friends with a... uh... different tool, which works really good, indeed. great link. 8)
- i was waiting for some confirmation about it, and i got it :
"According to a posting here, Bill Sienkiewicz stated at this past weekend’s Dragon*Con in Atlanta that he and David Lapham (Stray Bullets) would follow the creative team of Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso on Batman following the former’s arc, which begings with issue #620 in October.
Lapham will write, and Sienkiewicz will provide the art. According to the report, the artist has already begun work. When asked by Newsarama, DC Comics confirmed that Lapham and Sienkiewicz are working on a Batman project together."
8))) i'm not a big Batman fan this much, ever if i loved when my favorites authors took care of the dark knight ; but seing these 2 great creators on this project is one of the exciting news i got for years about this Bruce Wayne guy...
- Ego-comme-X, one the best indy french publisher got some fat releases ready to leave their house : Yoshiharu Tsuge's ""L'homme sans talent", James Kochalka's "Carnets #1", Kazuichi Hanawa's "Dans la prison", between various other stuff...
you cannot imagine how i'm waiting for more Fabrice Neaud stuff. i've just re-re-re-re-read his 4 "carnets" and fuck, it's huge. some of the best comics that french publishers offered us for a long time.
ps : feel comfortable to send emails to Ego-Comme-X for asking them some english version of their website. i'll not continue to translate some approximative Neaud to my friends any longer. 8)
- if you need luck, somebody can probably sell you some. maybe this guy...
"I'm very fortunate I'm not paralyzed or dead," the 41-year-old electrician said Friday. come on... 8)
- dirty ashamed americans readers should be aware that dj Vadim and his Russian Percussian (featuring among others the brilliant Yarah Bravo) will go town to town for the next weeks, and the never-tired hairy MPC master got some cool news, too :
Vadim wrote : "(...)i also have started working on the new lp. i have made a lot of music recently which i am really happy with. i think there will be more instrumentals on the new lp.i have recorded a lot of new stuff with Pelding. their new stuff is amazing(...)".
sounds great ; but hey, their older stuff was already huge, too ! 8)
still on the scandinavian hip hop topic, check out new shit from the Prunes, back a last, thanks to Jazz Fudge. The Prunes are famous for their work for the Beastie Boys or for the cultissim uk label Mo'Wax (and no, i got nothing to say about this new Unkle project. or you prefer not to know...)
so, URSS invades USA :
TUE 9/16PHILADELPHIA, PASilk City
WED 9/17BALTIMORE, MDOttobar
THU 9/18RICHMOND, VAAlley Katz
FRI 9/19CHAPEL HILL, NCRoom Four
SAT 9/20CHARLOTTE, NCThe Room
SUN 9/21ATLANTA, GAEcho Lounge
TUE 9/23HOUSTON, TXFat Cat's
WED 9/24AUSTIN, TXMercury
THU 9/25DENTON, TXRubber Gloves
FRI 9/26LAWRENCE, KSJazz Haus
SAT 9/27DENVER, COBluebird
SUN 9/28ALBUQUERQUE, NMSmooch's
WED 10/1SAN DIEGO, CACasbah
THU 10/2LOS ANGELES, CASpaceland
FRI 10/03SAN FRANCISCO, CAMilk
SAT 10/4SAN FRANCISCO, CABottom of the Hill
WED 10/8PORTLAND, ORHolocene
THU 10/9SEATTLE, WAChop Suey
FRI 10/10VICTORIA, BCLegendsheld
SAT 10/11VANCOUVER, BCCommodore Ballroom
SUN 10/12WHISTLER, BCGarfinkel's
TUE 10/14NELSON, BCFluid Lounge
WED 10/15BANFF, ABTBA
THU 10/16CALGARY, ABNight Gallery
FRI 10/17EDMONTON, ABStarlite Lounge
SUN 10/19REGINA, SKThe State
MON 10/20WINNIPEG, MBPyramid Cabaret
TUE 10/21MINNEAPOLIS, MN7th Street Entry
WED 10/22MADISON, WITBA
THU 10/23MILWAUKEE, WIOnopa Brewing Co.
FRI 10/24CHICAGO, ILEmpty Bottle
SAT10/25CLEVELAND, OHGrog Shop
SUN 10/26TOLEDO, OHHoward's Club
TUE 10/28PITTSBURGH, PARex
WED 10/29BOWLING GREEN, OHHoward's Club H
THU 10/30DETROIT, MISmalls
FRI 10/31LONDON, ONCall The Office
SAT11/1TORONTO, ONEl Macambo
SUN 11/2GUELPH, ONTrasheteria
MON 11/3HAMILTON, ONThe Underground
WED 11/5PETERBOROUGH, ONTrasheteria
THU 11/6KINGSTON, ONElixir
FRI 11/7OTTAWA, ONBabylon
SAT 11/8MONTREAL, PQLa Sala Rossa
never tired, i tell you ; when he's not playing or spinning live on stage in front of collapsing crowds, the man from the East is producing shit while on the road. 8) but... wait ! that's not all.
Vads also release some compilation for MK2 french record label. Stereo Pictures vol. 3 is an eclectic dj mix with stuff from Portishead, dj Food, Photek, Prefuse 73, Gotan Project, Blackalicious, dj Krush, Super Furry Animals, Roni Size, some Jazz Fudge stuff, etc...
oh, and i don't know how many 5" (Andre Gurov "Are U Listening ?") are still available at your local record shop. 8)
- publisher HarperCollins (New York) finally tell us about the last Warren Ellis secret project :
"Senior Editor Josh Behar has just acquired rights from Lydia Wills of Writers and Artists to the first novel by best-selling comic book writer Warren Ellis, who has authored two of DC's hottest franchises, The Authority and Transmetropolitan.
This comic tour of the dark underbelly of American culture features a down-and-out private detective who is hired by heroin-addled G-men to find the lost Constitution to the United States. Publication is slated for Winter/Spring 05."
Note from Warren Ellis : "(...)That should be "lost *secret* Constitution to the United States(...)"
- Johhny Ryan got some Angry Youth Comics thanks to Fantagraphics.
his last ish (vol.2 #5, with a real stupid cover in french -en francais- that rocks !) is probably in the same range of what the guy always do, brilliant caustic and cynical humor at its best.
once again, thanks to mister Ceransky for the update. 8)
here's one of the last Ryan piece of shit... 8)
- while on the good old' humor side, and as usual, the joke of the day is available here. arf. christian + guitars = pure good moment of loud laugh. stupid, stupid christian creature.
- oh yeah, i almost forgot the little personnals messages... 8)
* congrats to Ian for his pretty good looking job. make some money and come back spend some times around now. 8)
* hello to Babass... (is it the correct spell ?). this little asshole will soon expose his hairy ass on some far away island, under a pretty cool sun and in the middle of palmtree. you deserve nothing that this :
come back soon, Seb. or stay there, and bring us with you. 8)
ps : i saw you today around 12 with some cutie girl, near the bridge... 8)))